standard residential home inspection pricing
|1100 sq feet or less
|1101 sq feet – 1999 sq feet
|2000 sq feet – 2499 sq feet
|2500 sq feet – 2999 sq feet
|3000 sq feet – 3499 sq feet
|3500 sq feet – 3999 sq feet
We do not inspect 2 story pier and beam houses
A Standard Residential Home Inspection Includes the Following 9 Major Systems
Structural * Exterior * Roofing * Plumbing
Electrical * Heating / Cooling * Interior
Insulation & Ventilation * Built-in Kitchen Appliances
additional INSPECTION charges
Pier & Beam Foundation $100
- Pelican State Inspection charges an additional $100 if the house has a raised pier & beam foundation. How do you tell if the house has a pier & beam foundation? If the home is elevated above the ground and there is a space underneath it is a pier & beam foundation. You may also notice vents around the base of the house that allow for ventilation if it is a pier & beam foundation - We are currently not inspection 2-story pier and beam homes.
Lawn Sprinkler System Inspection $75
- Does your future Shreveport / Bossier City home have a Lawn Sprinkler System? If so you can choose to have it included with for home inspection for an additional $75. --> Click Here Lawn Sprinkler System Inspection includes.
Re-Inspection Fee $125
- Have you requested the home owners to make repairs to the home after the home inspection? We charge a $125 Re-Inspection fee for an inspector to make a re-inspection trip to the property to verify that the requested repairs to the home have been made.
Detached Building Inspections $75 and Up.
- If your future home has a detached building / garage/ work shop you can choose to have it included in with your inspection as well. Pricing depends on size and type of building. Please call for pricing information.
Return Trip Fee $100
- Pelican State Inspection charges a $100 return trip fee to the property if there were areas of the house that the inspector was unable to access or if the utilities were not connected for the scheduled inspection time. When scheduling your inspection please make sure all the utilities (Electric, Gas, & Water) are connected to the home. We require that all of the shut off valves are in the on position and that all pilot lights are light. Also request that the home owner move any personal items that restrict access to areas such as the attic access, the
water heater, closets, and the electric panel.
pricing is based on a 60 minute travel time. The travel time is based on the
trip time from our office to the inspection site and back. Additional fees may
apply depending on the distance to and from the property.
Shreveport And Bossier City's Main Home Inspection Web Site
Do not be a price shopper
Do not let price be the only consideration
when shopping for a Home Inspector. There are some basic economic principles
written by John Ruskin in the 1800's that still apply today.
- There is hardly anything in the world
that someone cannot do a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the
people who consider price alone are that person's lawful prey.
- It's unwise to pay to much, but it is
also unwise to pay to little.
- When you pay to much you lose a little
money, that is all.
- When you pay to little, you sometimes
lose everything because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the
thing you bought it to do.
These are the Important questions to ask before hiring your home inspector
IN SHREVEPORT OR BOSSIER CITY
- How long have they been a licensed home
- What is their inspection background?
- Do they hold any inspection certifications other
that their required state home inspection license?
- How many inspections did they complete
- Are they members of any professional
- Will the inspector allow you to follow
him and ask questions during the inspection?
- Can they provide you a copy of a sample
home inspection report so you can review the inspectors work?